Sunday, 24 August 2025

Milestones and Gratitude: My Acupuncture Journey


Kit Li 



The year 2025 marks a turning point in my life.

I have diligently earned two diplomas: one as a qualified acupuncturist at the London Academy of Chinese Acupuncture (LACA), and another as a Brain Acupuncturist at the Academy of Scalp Acupuncture (ASA). These achievements represent a milestone in my career within the world of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).

I am truly grateful to have graduated from both LACA and ASA, where I had the privilege of being taught by an elite team of TCM professors. Over the past two years, they have mentored, supported, and encouraged me, helping me complete a three-year acupuncture diploma in just two intensive years. The journey was not easy. There were moments of challenge and self-doubt, yet looking back, every effort was worthwhile. I am deeply proud of myself for this achievement.

During these years, I was also honoured to serve as a monitor and as student clinic manager, supporting my peers and learning alongside them as though we were a family. I was fortunate, too, to be a student member of CAHMA, SAS, and CMA, which gave me further opportunities to broaden my understanding of TCM.

I still vividly remember my very first independent treatment at the student clinic. It was for a female patient, under the supervision of one of our professors. I was nervous and anxious at the time, but today, I feel far more confident. In fact, I am now treating patients with positive outcomes and have begun volunteering as a neuro-acupuncturist at South Bucks Hospice, supporting patients with cancer and neurological conditions. This opportunity, one I had long hoped for, allows me to give back to the community and apply my skills in a meaningful way.

Once again, I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to my professors and to my team. I know there is still a long road ahead before I can become the best TCM practitioner I aspire to be. Yet I embrace this lifelong journey of learning wholeheartedly, with passion and dedication.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TCM-inspired nourishing soup for seasonal dryness

 Kit Li The weather of last weekend was absolutely stunning, with plenty of sunshine and clear skies. However, did you notice how low the hu...